How to stay cool during a Heatwave… That is a very good question for such a time. I don’t know about you, but Germany is currently facing really high temperatures – something that is unusual for this country – and I am still trying to find good ways to keep the house cooled down…
Here are a few little tips:
- Spray bottles filled with cool water in the fridge are perfect for such times. You can use them in the car, the office or the house. Just spray a fine mist on your face and pulse points.
- Keep any curtains closed. If you have shutters, the better! If the air is hotten outside, closed windows are a must.
- Move to the lower parts of the house. Even if that means the basement. Hot air rises, as science says.
- DIY. If an air con is not easy to get, then purchase a box fan. They can be useful as they are, but placing a tub of ice water behind the fan is also another idea. Sooner or later, the cool air will be pulled away from the tub and help you cool down.
- Take an iceblock in bed. It might sound weird, but one of those ice packs used for cooler boxes can be used in a towel and kept in bed.
- Drink water as much as possible. Make sure you have placed enough water bottles in the fridge and keep dehydrated during the day!
- Choose loose fitting clothes. Preferably in light colors.
- And a bonus tip: Eat more ice cream!